We are children of Christ, on different paths of individual discipleship and discovery, gathering together to draw nearer to God. We express our faith as a community by worshipping together, and in prayerful conversation and service. We participate in a number of outreach activities, both locally and in the world beyond.
St. John’s is also home to Loaves and Fishes of Tompkins County, a private, not-for profit 501 (c)(3) organization, which provides a place for free meals, hospitality, companionship, and advocacy for those in need (see www.loaves.org or visit Loaves & Fishes Facebook Page). St. John’s and Loaves and Fishes have been partners in ministry since 1983.
We invite you to share the journey with us!
There are many ways to start getting to know St. John’s. Consider one of the following:
- Join the CHANCEL CHOIR. Contact: Karen Hindenlang, via church email or phone: 273-6532, or just stop by the organ bench after worship. Choir rehearses Thursday evenings and Sunday mornings, and sings regularly in the 10:30 service.
- Attend our Wednesday night service of CONTEMPLATIVE PRAYER & MEDITATION. Come to this service Wednesday at 7. Enter via the red main front doors on Cayuga St. Contact: Matthew Sanaker via church email or phone: 273-6532.
- Join our EDUCATION FOR MINISTRY group for study, worship and theological reflection. Look for sessions announced in the bulletin and on the website. Contact Jim Johnson via church email or phone: 273-6532.
- Help with COFFEE HOUR or volunteer at one of our all-church EVENTS. Sign up on the bulletin board by the parish hall. Contact Margaret Johnson via church email or phone: 273-6532.
- Volunteer at LOAVES AND FISHES. Contact parish Loaves & Fishes liaison John Jackson via church email or phone: 273-6532, OR call Cindy Bray, L&F volunteer coordinator, 272-5457.
Please click or tap HERE to see a full list of ministry opportunities, or contact the church office via email or phone: 273-6532) If you wish, you may request a call from one of our wardens, Stephanie Nevels or Michael Roman, to explore ways you can become involved with the life of the church. We hope that one or more of these activities will help you start to feel at home at St. John’s.