Worship with St. John’s
Worship with us Sunday mornings
We are currently worshiping in multiple ways, both online and in person. Our hybrid Sunday services allow you to join us in person, join us virtually via a real-time livestream, or view our archived services when you are able to.
- Our 8am Rite I Holy Eucharist is in-person only.
- Our 10:30 am Rite II Holy Eucharist with music is in-person or livestreamed via Facebook or YouTube
- We start the livestream about 10 minutes before the service begins. The service bulletins have the readings, hymns, prayers, and announcements.
- Online services are available to be viewed any time
Our COVID Guidelines
If you’re attending in person, please review these guidelines for in-person services:
- Masks and distancing must still be observed — even by people who have been vaccinated. We wear our masks to make the church a safer place for the immunocompromised and those who cannot be vaccinated due to age or health conditions.
- We will not leave our pews to pass the Peace.
- Communion will be distributed from the front steps of the chancel, rather than at the altar rail. There will be both bread and wine, and you can choose to use the intinction cup or take the common cup.
Weekdays we gather at 9:30 a.m. on Facebook and YouTube for Morning Prayer; all are welcome!
All of our online services are archived on Facebook and YouTube for viewing on your own schedule.
Looking for a past service bulletin or a service from a specific date? See our Past Services page for bulletins and links to the Facebook and/or YouTube stream.
|OUR LIVESTREAM SERVICES – Mtr. Megan offers Morning Prayer Monday-Friday at 9:30AM, and we stream our Rite 2 service on Sundays at 10:30AM (10am in the summer). Click/tap on one of the two links below, then click/tap the thumbnail for desired video|
Instructions for Lesson Readers
Palm Sunday, 2018
Mtr. Megan Castellan’s first service @ St. John’s Episcopal Church, Ithaca NY; photo by Libby Hedrick.