On November 18, 2020, in response to the widespread increase in COVID-19 spread in the diocese and in adjacent areas, the bishop suspended indoor in person gatherings, as of November 29. This suspension will be in place until at least January 1, 2021.
Watch Bishop Duncan-Probe’s video update on our COVID-19 response.
In-Person Services this Fall
We will always abide by the requirements of the Diocese described in Steps on the Journey to Gathering Anew, the most important of which are:
Diocesan Guidelines for Gatherings
- Indoor in-person gatherings are suspended as of November 29, 2020.
- Vestries and other groups should meet by phone or online conference.
- Online worship and formation is strongly encouraged.
- Up to 6 worship leaders (limited to those serving) are permitted to gather in church buildings for the purpose of recording or live streaming services.
- Masks must be worn, physical distance maintained, and appropriate hygiene followed.
- Outdoor in-person gatherings for worship are permitted, as are “drive-in” gatherings.
- Masks and a minimum of 6 feet of distance between household parties are required at all outdoor in-person gatherings.
- Funerals, weddings, and baptisms may take place in the church building, with a maximum of 10 guests in addition to clergy and liturgical or technical support.